So.. Life has been crazy busy these last few months. To say the least. We had lots of fun times with the families during the holidays. Thanksgiving we spent at my Grandmas house for the most part. She makes these a-ma-zing rolls that I look foward to every year. They are actually just frozen rhodes rolls, but somehow she makes them extra super scrumptious. My main dish is always her rolls and the turkey and potatoes are just my side dishes - thats how delicious they are. After going to grandmas, me and Gabe went with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law bowling at All Star Lanes. It was pretty great. The idea of going bowling on Thanksgiving seemed a little odd to me, but it ended up being really fun. And me and Gabe kicked butt :) Just kidding. But really.
December was filled with lots of tiring work. December is of course the busiest month at The UPS Store so I came home ready for a nap more than once. I swear, I could wake up, go to work then come home and go right back to sleep til the next day. But I didn't. Instead we stayed up late watching seasons of Prison Break until our eyes couldn't take it anymore. Well atleast mine couldn't take it. Gabe can stay up so much later than I can. And he doesn't have the problem of falling asleep everytime the tv gets turned on. Lucky lucky man.
We went out the day after Thanksgiving and got a good deal on a christmas tree and got started on the decorating. It was fun to have our own christmas tree and to start our own traditions this year. Its interesting to see how different sides of the families celebrate the holidays and deciding what traditions we want to start for our family. On December 22nd we celebrated our one year anniversary! Yay for us! We went out to dinner to PF Changs and at some yummy food and then went home and did some more anniversary celebrating, sparkling cider included.
We had Christmas morning at our apartment and had sticky buns and candy for breakfast :) That's definately going on the "new traditions" list. I got lots of clothes and some shoes and Gabe got some workout stuff and a few games. The rest of the day was filled with both grandmas delicious food, not enough sweets, lots of game playing and hanging out with the family and cute nephews, with their new nerf guns.
Gabe has had school off for a couple weeks and has been bored out of his mind. I would take work off to hang out with him, but, that's not really an option unfortunately. I take the car to work so that he can sleep in but then he is stuck inside the house all day and when I get home from work all he wants to do is have people over and all I want to do is take a nap. Its sad. So I think he's pretty happy that school is starting next week and he'll have something to do. Can't wait to see what this new year will bring. Happy holidays to you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment