Last night after we put Owen to bed Gabe and I partied it up to ring in the new year. We wouldn't dare risk messing up his bedtime routine so we decided to keep it low key this year and celebrate just the two of us so Owen could sleep in his own bed. It was a fun evening just hanging out by ourselves! Gabe has been teaching me the ropes of Mario Party, so we played that for a while. We never had video games of any sort growing up and frankly I have just about zero interest in most of them, but Mario Party was actually pretty fun for me. The reason: For the most part you usually just have to push one button at a time. I have no multi-finger coordination skills when it comes to video games so I am awful at running and jumping at the same time. Then we watched "Invinsible" and I fell asleep the last ten minutes, which is common, drank sparkling cider and watched the ball drop on NBC. Gabe then tortured me by making me stay up another 25 minutes to finish our Mario Party tournament... Which had a lame, unfair ending because we were playing the computer and somehow it took us over. Once we made it to bed and had barely fallen asleep Owen woke up screaming bloody murder because he was super hungry, but it took me a while to figure it out because he normally doesn't wake up that early to eat. Growth spurt? Thankfully he was out like a light after that and I finally got to bed around 2 a.m. I think he was also a little upset when he woke up because he realized that we didn't wake him up for the ball drop... We are already enjoying this new year and look forward to what it will bring us. We will be moving sometime in the Spring and Gabe will start dental school. We both want to improve our health this year, and I am setting monthly goals for my etsy shop. Bring on 2013!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment